Friday, January 18, 2019

A Prayer

Psalm 86:11
Give (us) an undivided heart that (we) may fear your name

Celebration, like other Believers around our nation and the world, is in the midst of 21 Days of continual prayer for 2019.  During my time of praying this morning, the Lord inspired a specific prayer in me based on a portion of Psalm 86:11. I share it with you now in the hope that it will inspire, convict, be prayed by your lips, and be used however else the Spirit would desire.

Father,
We confess that our hearts are divided:
     -Our lips sing praises in worship and then speak lies only hours later
     -Our feet walk on your path one day and then jump to a worldly path the next day
     -Our eyes look to You and then look away
     -Our hearts are filled with Your goodness and then they go back to wandering
     -Our ears hear you Calling and then we get distracted by the noises of the world
     -Our hands do Your work one day and then destructive work the next day
     -Our minds are focused on Your Word and then the silliest thought can dethrone it

Father,
You see divided hearts and desire to make them undivided.  Who is like you, O Lord? Your goodness, forgiveness, and love bring life and hope forever.

Your mercies are new every morning.
Your gifts are good.
Your patience brings healing to the most divided heart.
Your invitation to fear your name is an act of grace and security.

So...
Give me an undivided heart.
Give Celebration an undivided heart.
Give the Church of Richmond an undivided heart.
Give the Bride of Christ an undivided heart.

That we might fear, lift up, honor, and glorify Your Name.

Ex nihilo,


R.J. Rhoden


4 comments:

  1. During my 1 hour of daily prayer I have been praying and proclamation the scripture over Celebration. This morning was to make us one(taken from the notes taught at Thursday night bible study UNITY part 1 and 2) Teresa May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Pastor Rob, thank you for your discipline and sharing your Blog. As I read the Psalm I too was convicted by the distractions life has on us and then I read you profile likes below and my profile likes would be similar to yours. It just got me examine my heart which is a good place to be because it allows God to pull us back to true North.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ed! Great encouragement. Please tell Renee hello for me. Miss being able to see you both more. Always enjoy our time together. Blessings

    ReplyDelete