Saturday, April 8, 2017

God's Perfect Plans: It's Never Too Late

It's never too late.  Let me say it again, "It's never too late!"  Satan works tirelessly to convince you it is.  That crafty one knows the power and boldness that is yours if you stop believing the lie and start walking in God's truth. Thankfully, God knows your potential even better.  He created you, never gives up on you, and works circles around Satan's efforts to derail you.

As a pastor I often hear people, with sincere transparency, say to me, "I just feel like maybe its too late for me.  I wouldn't blame God if He has given up on me."  My heart aches when I hear those words.  Though I know and affirm the real feelings behind them, I have an even greater passion for God's capacity to never give up on us.

God created perfect plans for your life before the creation of the world.  The question is not:  Has He really done that for me?  But rather:  Will I walk in those perfect plans?  It would be great if God walked them out for us but He does not.  His joy is in preparing them and then seeing us enjoy them.  I wonder how many plans we have missed simply because we weren't willing to enter?

In the magnificent grace of God He has a way of helping us overcome regrets.  He is the God that creates and delivers hope for us today.  Can you hear Him whispering in your soul?  "It's never too late.  It's never too late.  I have perfect plans for you." If you purge the clutter and noise of your life, you will hear His still, small voice.

One little warning:  Your idea of a perfect plan is never God's idea of a perfect plan. Circumstances, people, events, realities, and timing is for Him to orchestrate.  Many have failed to arrive at the conclusion of His plan because it didn't look or feel like they thought it would.  Don't stop simply because it unfolds differently.  You might be only 5 minutes away from it all making sense.

I am personally grateful for God's perfect plans and the comfort of knowing it's never too late. My prayer for you today is full of hope. It's full of understanding.  It's full of excitment to see how God is going to release in you the potential He intended all along.  Take a big step of courage today:  Believe that it's never too late.

Ex nihilo (out of nothing),


R.J. Rhoden

No comments:

Post a Comment